Monday, October 22, 2007

The Takeover

Did you see that photo frame on the TV? That was me hugging Amma in that, which was taken on the day of my brother's marriage. Now, It is not there anymore. I wouldn't have felt bad just for that. But it is replaced. Replaced by Dad and Laasya rubbing their cheeks. In the shelf, It was Laasya with those grand mother goggles. On refrigerator, it is Laasya again pulling the Teddy. She is on the bed room teapoy. Even the desktop background is changed to Laasya's.

I am not feeling jealous, but little upset for my time is over to be the princess of the home. It reminds me of my 24 years of being everybody's apple of the eye and today's impeachment from that warmly position which I never can get back. I wonder, why I always hated when I am loved more than expected and did things to hurt others to adjust the love meter. But now, I am throwing glances which say "Little devil!" every time I see something of Laasya. I am thinking, she is the one, grabbing all the attention from my loved ones. She reminds me of my age, seems to tell me not to act childish, and it is her time to do these things. In her presence, I behaved like an old aunt. I didn't try it. It happened so.

I think, it is must to have a competitor, to realise how good it feels to be loved before it is too late.
Anyways, It is not a big thing, I will start living without what I didn't care before and what I wouldn't get anymore... Another square with life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a change in 18 days - 4th october - you were still a child who can believe your Guru, so blindly. And on 22nd october you have become a 24 yr old "aunty".
But I stronlgy believe you always have a tinge of both - or I should say you are good mixture of both!

Photo frames on TVs, Pictures on Desktop, etc can hold only few. But your are still the same and equally loved child for your beloved family! - Probably the Queen - no more a princess!
After all, unlike a photo frame, your beloved can still love you along with Laasya!!. Just a new "node" in the linked list of "love"! - Probably Inserted in the beginning of the list!

Anonymous said...

WHEN INDIVIDUALS FREELY ADVOCATE a position/Situation or course of action that runs counter to their personal attitude, they may subsequently change their attitude in the direction of their advocacy. This, of course, is one of the classic predictions of cognitive dissonance theory.And has been confirmed by many experiments over the past half century.
Change may come with Competition/success/Failures or any thing.
it is clear that "Laasya" made you to realise the Reality that you are no more a child and you are aunt.

Anonymous said...

:)

Nice one Tulsi