Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Mogli in love

"Mogli! where are you? what have you been doing all this time? ...." I was happily surprised and fired all the questions, without a pause for him to answer. That was my excitement to receive a call from my friend after four months.

Yes, I always enjoyed talking to him for he is witty and ready to pull my leg, almost a dupe for Pradeep. He calls me with names like blacky, kaki, nallammay.. with names of all the black things in the world. Ofcourse, I also do give it back calling him Mogli, jungle boy(once, he had that Dhoni's hair style) and lot more names of hairy animals.


He was lateral entry in our class. Most of my class girls knew him only from two angles. One was the scientist and the other a dashing dancer, winning over few hearts in the welcome party for lateral entries. But I knew the third angle of a most irritating teaser boy in this diligent looking young man.


I continued my interrogation. but unusually he was giving me very straight answers. he didn't irritate me except that he called me 'blacky'. I took this chance and attacked (read somewhere that the best way to defend oneself is to attack) with my teasing skills. He didn't fight back but kept laughing all the time. He hung up after sometime telling me that I learnt the art of talking.


What?? Me..? did I? where and when? This is how we talk every time. Why does he say that? I know, it is not because I learnt anything, but certainly a fatal change in his personality. Who could bring this change? girl? I slapped myself telling he can never fall in love and it was too early to guess. I thought, I was just getting over imaginative.


After few days, 3D called me up to tell how mogli was using others' mobiles to talk with a girl in Hyd. I made a loud cry of 'wow!' A fourth angle! So I am right with my imagination.


He is terrific at anything he takes in. Now it's all his love. Last month, 3D & Co. were surprised when this workaholic took leave just for a headache (That was the reason he had given). After an hour, they called him back to check how he was feeling. But he wasn't in the room, not in the office, not even in Bangalore. He flied to Hyd just to wish his girl "a happy birthday".

Somebody save him from this sweet madness!

1 comment:

? said...

Such glorious helplessness! This is so appetising