Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Surprise

I was at the foot of the mountain called "Social Relations" which is bright on one side and dark on the other. I started from the brighter side with so much shyness and fear of strangers. My mother says one of my teachers, scared of my reclusiveness advised her to consult a doctor for a check-up if I was mentally healthy. As I climbed up the mountain through rocks of shyness, feelings of unworthiness, I could only make those three or four friends.

But surprisingly, when I reached the peak, everybody I spoke to had become my friend. I lived like 'The wanted" for most of my friends. There it wasn't all bright but I enjoyed all those hues of nature. I don't know why I didn't stay there in that heaven. I had become squeamish and choosy in the matter of relations. I started hating people for trivial things though my intention was to love them. Only recently, I understood that I was making my return journey through darker side of the mountain.

I try but cannot keep to myself by my nature and wouldn't even get along with people. Here in this darkness, when someone offers a hand of friendship, I step back for the fear that my finicky mind would certainly wrong that beautiful hand someday if not today. Sruthi surprised me with a pretty note for the friendship day. I was shocked as I never expected one from any of my colleagues and certainly not from Sruthi. To you it may seem nothing of importance, but it was a shock to me. If I have myself as an acquaintance, I wouldn't have dared to meddle with such an inconstant mind. For now, I replied her only with "Thanks" and haven't advanced further.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always Carry a battery light on the darker side. It helps!!!

Srishti said...

Wow! U've beautifully explained how u’ve dealt with friends/relationships over the time.
Again one of your best posts.

m1verick said...

good!