Sunday, April 20, 2008

Farewell

I remember, when I used to get irritated for my mentor's (Kiran) over-guidance supposing I knew everything and I didn't need anybody's guidance. But over the time, I learned, what I didn't know, and that his extra care helped me to keep myself forward to my peers. How childish I acted not speaking to him, for holding me responsible of the mis-communication about Nortel's issue. I am sure, no one else, would have spared me so. That piquancy retained in my mind for sometime. I cannot recollect what exactly made me to be on friendly terms with him. Soon, I felt he is the best to guide someone like me. I remember this particular time, for he said 'it is OK!' when a customer pointed out a grave mistake of mine for using 'logical and' in place of 'bitwise and' He replied saying it was just a typo error. I felt so happy to have him as my mentor. Nortel's NPLUS project is the one I most enjoyed working with Pradeep and Kiran. I started liking him for some stupid reasons too like his birthday falls on 9th Nov, which is my brother's too and his son is also just a little older to Laasya. I always do compare him with my brother. Funny? Even I think so. One more funny reason is he is also BEC alumnus.

This friday, we had a farewell dinner for Kiran. After the dinner, while bye-bye-ing and leaving, Seenanna said, 'I don't know of all, but Thulasi will surely miss you.' I thanked Seenanna in my mind, for telling him this, which I wanted to say but wouldn't have said for my ego's sake. Then I tried to express my acceptance for Seenanna's comment and looked at Kiran for his response. He just smiled and replied 'I too.' with his eyes. I strongly feel, it isn't my imagination and that is what he meant, when he looked at me. I loved that half-a-minute for the way we exchanged our feelings unspoken. This reminded me of my brother patting on my shoulder and pulling me closer after his arrival in the airport, when everybody else was so interested to know whether Laasya would recognise him or not. I was in tears of joy for that little expression.

I (loved to) assume, Kiran and me share a special relation, which is unspoken, un-shown and so isn't known to anybody not even to Pradeep, but only to Kiran and me. I will miss him alot. It scares me to be in any other's team, for I guess, they won't accept me like KC did.

I wanted to tell these things to him, but I am afraid, I would get accused of trying to sweeten him for something else.

1 comment:

deepu said...

I may not explain as good as you about my kirans association but he is someone who brought good amount of MISSU feeling in me.