Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh God! When would I get to know you?

This week was comparatively less stressful and at the same time more painful. I have got a really bad mail from a customer. Nobody ever made me so greatly ashamed. I can't even share with you how it happened. I had been sandwiched b/w our own confidential terms and the customer's interrogative questions. I doubt the customer is a retired detective in Defence department. I was very much disappointed by Ram's response when I showed him the mail. He just said "Let's wait and see how the big guys respond?" What!! Aren't you one?? I immediately advised my kids(I mean Saritha and Dev) to never accept to support a customer.

When the customer was about to kill me with his fangs oozing the strongest words of insult, I called Narayan, an FAE from US office to give me some help. I am not exaggerating but he completely relieved me from all the pain. He asked me to relax and not to respond to any of the customer's scene creating mails and to answer only for clear technical questions. After talking to him, my impression of Ram got strengthened. We secretly named our small work room "The Release Factory" because we don't know when Ram would say "Today we have a release." I hate Ram even more when he is together with that new guy. They both will go to an extreme as it would blow you brains out. Nobody here likes me when I criticize Ram. So don't get away even if you are bored of my office gossip.

I thought I was dreaming but not. Chichikov has really become devotional. He is going to church on Sundays. His laptop's wallpaper is now Jesus wearing the crown of thorns and some message by the side. I thought anybody including myself would do that but not Chichikov. How mysteriously the impressions are broken. On the side thought, why am I never made to realize God? why am I remorseless? do I have to wait yet? what else can change me when Raj's death couldn't do it?

Lolita is certainly a fall after you read Dostoevsky, Chekov, Gogol and Tolstoy. Nabokov was not even upto the mark that Turgenev made. I have been reading it from a month but there are still 100 more pages to go. The book is not as attractive as it's cover. He might have had a point, but it is all diluted by modernism and illustrations. In the meanwhile I completed The Essential Calvin and Hobbes. I liked Calvin evaluating performance of his nature-loving dad as dad.

No comments: