Friday, September 14, 2007

Wall

Sneaked out of my routine work which is somebody's important work. I am here again to blabber. This time it is about my wall of resistance against change of opinions, which poses to be strong but keeps falling under circumstances.

When I read R.K.Narayan, I thought he is the best and no one else can be better. I was with this assumption till I read Wodehouse and I thought 'I was wrong for the first time but will not be so again. Wodehouse is better than the best'. I made it clear to myself that Plum is my fav.

When snort told me to read Tolstoy, I said -- 'I will read. but I am sure he will not be better than Plum'. Snort lent me his book(War and Peace). I opened it with strong determination not to fall into Tolstoy's spell and I read few chapters as I would read something not of my sort. Everything looked chaos. I thought he is someone who gets pleasure of showing females either too innocent, stupid and religious or too shrewd and sly or always complaining. When I moved onto the later chapters, I don't know exactly when., but caught myself growing fond of this maestro. Evidently, the wall of resistance cracked again and needs some repair, which I would do reading more of Tolstoy.

Each time my wall cracks, it is not that my previous favourite is not favourite anymore. It is just an inclusion of new one. While R.K.Narayan smiles and pats me up for tragedies of my life saying "It happens..", Wodehouse tickles me off to laugh at my own follies and Tolstoy keeps me close to reality with his quips, when I get quixotic to achieve perfection.

2 comments:

Tehzeeb said...

Hey, we are sailing in same boat though I am yet to touch Tolstoy.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.